Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Trying out for a talent show

Do you fear work presentations, or barf in your mouth when you pick up the karoke mic? Not my kid.  My boy made me so proud today; he walked tall with the big boys at the elementary school talent show tryouts! Remember, he's in kindergarten. When he insisted, with screwed up eyes and balled fists, that I had to pick up the ball I dropped and get in his registration . . . well, I tried to explain to him gently he can't really dance or sing at a performance level. I swallowed the "or at all" part. 


No, no, no, NO! He thrust a wrinkled, dirty, overly-stapled book of folded notebook paper into my hand. He wanted to read one of the books he's written/illustrated, sure that the whole school will love it as much as I do. And he's right. My little man belted out those factoids on rocks and minerals like a natural born speaker. Love. Him.


Sure, today he thrilled an audience of 20. Let's see how he does with a microphone, a document camera and an audience of 150. Momma might need a valium. 

1 comment:

  1. Haven't commented for a long while. Love the writing. An enjoyable read--does that make me sick, too? Just asking.

    ReplyDelete