Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Day Before

Ahhhhh. The sun is beating down on our brick courtyard, flashing off the purple African daisies. Andre has our place looking amazing, like an Italian garden. I fully intend to take advantage of this minute in time, in this space. The dogs and I are quietly absorbing vitamin d, the ocean just loud enough for me to hear over our little waterfall and bamboo wind chimes. Andre is off kiting, or surfing, or engaging in some other extreme sport he just created (seriously, he and Auggie were riding the big toy dump truck down the sand dunes the other day). Auggie is on a play date with his bff. He loves bff's mom almost as much as he loves bff; as they were leaving today, he whispered, "When we get to the beach, I'm going to tell __ I love her. Is that ok?" I'm sure it will be, buddy. I'm sure it will be.

Those of you that know me best may find it hard to believe I am so calm just one day before we leave for Bali. No, I have not started the valium yet (considered it, though). I started my morning with a low-key stroll on the misty local beach with a good friend. I came home to find a past student of mine cleaning the house, as planned. Well worth the money. We have renters that are staying here so I didn't want to leave the house a shambles. Nor did I want to clean it. Problem solved. I love money. It really does solve everything. Now if only I had enough money that I could hire someone to clean all the time, life would be beautiful. So would my house.

I have very little left to do before we go. For instance, I still can't decide which underwear to take with me. Can't be heavy in the heat, also preferable if they don't try to become one with my insides. So much to think about.

Much peace to  . . . oh, f***. The neighbor just started weed eating right next to our fence. Bali, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment