Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fun with words

Hey, make sure you stop by my full website (http://hollylorincz.wordpress.com) and play my sentence writing contest. I run a new one every week. It'll take you less than a minute, only a smidge of your brainpower, and it's fun. You can impress your friends with your clever word play and be famous all at the same time.

Here's what this week's word play looks like:



Write an interesting or funny sentence using the word "moonstruck."
DEADLINE:    February 11th (coming up on Valentine's Day!)
SENTENCE WRITING CONTEST: Every Monday a new, interesting vocabulary word will be posted here, as well as a sentence using that word.
Your job is to create and post a new, better sentence in the comment box, using the same word. Yes, you may change the form of the word. Yes, I'll be the judge. Yes, I am a subjective judge  ( I like clever or funny, I hate bigotry).
The winning sentence will be announced here the following Monday.
THIS WEEK'S WORD:    MOONSTRUCK~   
Need a simple definition reminder? Moonstruck: Unable to think or act normally, esp. because of being in love.
SENTENCE TO BEAT:    "What's wrong with ya', girl?" the old woman yelled above the noise of the giant compactor, raising her eyebrows and waggling her bony hips with a snaggle-toothed grin, implying I was moonstruck, coocoo for the beautiful cocoa puff watching over our sector of the factory; little did she know, I'd eaten the bowl, had my fill as it were, only to find him lacking, oh so lacking, in flavor and any meaningful substance. 


http://hollylorincz.wordpress.com/2013/02/04/writing-contest-27-use-the-word-moonstruck-in-a-sentence/


1 comment:

  1. She sailed through life oblivious to her powers, leaving a streak of moonstruck boys and girls in her wake.

    ReplyDelete